Requirements for Candidates
Fulfillment of the Honors Certificate Program requires a minimum of six qualifying courses (18 credits), with at minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Students are required to enter the certificate through one gateway course with an honors grade of A- or better.
- Students (except MBA students) must complete a compulsory course in Accounting and Finance.
- Students are encouraged to focus their remaining four or more courses on a specific professional concentration. Each student's broader degree program provides other complementary courses in economics, politics, history and cross-cultural understanding.
- All students must also pass a proficiency examination in at least one foreign language.
MBA candidates. In order to fulfill the honors certificate requirement, MBA candidates must complete:
- Four out of the six courses (12 credits) within the School of Foreign Service or draw from specifically identified IBD electives taught at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. The gateway course is included in this four course series.
- The remaining 6 credits by taking a combination of specifically listed module courses taught at the McDonough School of Business and identified as IBD electives.
CCT candidates. In order to fulfill the honors certificate requirement, CCT candidates must complete:
- Four out of the six courses (12 credits) within the School of Foreign Service or draw from specific module courses taught at the McDonough School of Business and identified as IBD electives. The gateway course and the compulsory accounting and finance course are included in this four course series.
- The remaining 6 credits by taking specifically identified IBD electives offered in the CCT Program or additional IBD electives offered either in the School of Foreign Service or the McDonough School of Business.
Students awarded the honors grade in the Certificate Gateway Courses will be invited to participate in the Honors Certificate Program as Candidates. Invitations into the Program will include a requirement to submit documentation which includes a Candidate Record Form, a current updated resume, and a current digital photograph.
Candidates should ensure that their Candidate Record Form and other required documentation (resume and photo) is on file with the Landegger Program Office and that contact information and course information is up to date. You can download the Candidate Record Form as a Word file or a PDF file.
Prior to graduation all graduating candidates will be asked to participate in an Employment Survey and an Exit interview survey. Graduating candidates will be given the opportunity to sign up for exit interviews beginning in April of their graduating year.