SFS Global Impact Pitch Competition
Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service is the proud home of the Global Impact Pitch Competition, an innovative entrepreneurship event hosted by the Landegger Program with support from Citi Ventures, serving the entire Georgetown student community. The competition features $20,000 in prize money and networking/mentoring opportunities to help you with implementation. The 3rd Annual Global Impact Pitch Competition will be held on Saturday, April 24th, 2021.
- The Final pitches and judging will be held on Saturday, April 24th, 2021, 11:30 AM ET (please join by 11:25 AM so we can start on time). Click here for the Zoom room.
- The entry form is simple and easy to complete
- First-timers welcome, no prior experience expected! You can make appointments with Entrepreneurs in Residence to talk through your ideas and to practice your pitch.
- We will have an audience vote for the People’s Choice cash award, so please invite your friends, family and supporters to the final pitch and awards on Saturday April 24th. (Details forthcoming.)
Entry and Selection Criteria: Any current Georgetown University student is eligible to apply, alone or with a committed team. (Teams may include non-GU members, so long as the GU student is a principal founder). Selection criteria include:
- Potential to have a positive impact on any international challenge, problem, or issue (broadly defined).
- Potential to be financially self-sustainable (generate revenues or secure long-term funding).
- Solve a problem or meet a need, that someone is willing to pay for.
- Good ‘fit’, likelihood of implementation by the founder(s), and impact of GIPC award. (i.e., this is not just a competition for ‘nice ideas that someone could do,’ but an idea you are eager to implement yourself.)
The Finalists at the 2019 Global Impact Pitch Competition