SFS Global Impact Pitch Competition
Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service is the proud home of the Global Impact Pitch Competition, an innovative entrepreneurship event hosted by the Landegger Program with support from Citi Ventures, serving the entire Georgetown student community. The competition features $20,000 in prize money and networking/mentoring opportunities to help you with implementation. The 3rd Annual Global Impact Pitch Competition will be held in February of 2021.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, February 1st, 2021
- The finals will be held on Sunday, February 21st, 2021
- The entry form is simple and easy to complete
- First-timers welcome, no prior experience expected! You can make appointments with Entrepreneurs in Residence to talk through your ideas and to practice your pitch.
Entry and Selection Criteria: Any current Georgetown University student is eligible to apply, alone or with a committed team. (Teams may include non-GU members, so long as the GU student is a principal founder). Selection criteria include:
- Potential to have a positive impact on any international challenge, problem, or issue (broadly defined).
- Potential to be financially self-sustainable (generate revenues or secure long-term funding).
- Solve a problem or meet a need, that someone is willing to pay for.
- Good ‘fit’ and likelihood of implementation by the founder(s). (I.e., this is not just a competition for ‘nice ideas that someone could do,’ but something you are eager to implement yourself.)
The Finalists at the 2019 Global Impact Pitch Competition