SFS Global Impact Pitch Competition
Georgetown University’s Walsh School of Foreign Service is the home of the Global Impact Pitch Competition, an innovative entrepreneurship event hosted by the Landegger Program with support from Citi Ventures, serving the entire Georgetown University student community. The competition features $20,000 in prize money and networking/mentoring opportunities to help you with implementation.
- The entry form is simple and very easy to complete. Click here to apply!
- First-timers welcome, no prior experience expected! You can make appointments with Entrepreneurs in Residence to talk through your ideas and to practice your pitch.
- Important dates:
- The 4th Annual GIPC will be accepting rolling applications until spots are filled.
- Semi-finals: Monday, April 24, 2023
- Finals: Saturday, April 29, 2023
- We will have an audience vote for the People’s Choice cash award, so for the Finals please invite your friends, family, and supporters to the final pitch and awards ceremony.
Entry and Selection Criteria: Any student enrolled full-time at Georgetown University during this academic year (in part or whole) is eligible to apply, alone or with a committed team. Teams may include non-GU members, so long as the GU student is a principal founder. Selection criteria include:
- Potential to have a positive impact on any international challenge, problem, or issue (broadly defined).
- Potential to be financially self-sustainable (generate revenues or secure long-term funding).
- Solve a problem or meet a need that someone is willing to pay for.
- Good ‘fit’, likelihood of implementation by the founder(s), and impact of GIPC award. (i.e., this is not just a competition for ‘nice ideas that someone could do,’ but an idea that you are eager to implement yourself.)
Selected Past Global Impact Pitch Competition Finalists
The Finalists at the 2019 Global Impact Pitch Competition